The weather could not have been more beautiful as 143 runners took their mark on the start line of Compass to Care’s 5K & 1 Mile Walk/Run in Park Ridge, IL. In addition to seeing all of the kids with cancer on our honor wall, it was so touching to have Zoe and her mom tell us how much your support means to families, like theirs.
It was a true pleasure to have the opportunity to spend the morning with each of you, as we raised almost $14,000 for kids with cancer!!! All funds will help these kids, and Zoe, as they travel to treatment. We appreciate everyone who joined us for the wonderful morning and for all of our sponsors, who made this event possible, including…
AANA / American Association of Nurse Anesthetists
Advocate Children’s Hospital
Dick Pond Athletics
Draus & Associates, Inc
Family Tree Chiropractic
FFC Park Ridge
Holt’s Park Ridge
Judge, James, Hoban & Fisher
Harp & Fiddle
Logo It Inc
Michael Plageman American Family Insurance
North Shore Motor Works
Orangetheory Fitness Park Ridge
Scoops & Kettle Gurnee Mills
Straightforward Home Inspections LLC
Tranquil Waters Float
Vive Therapeutic Massage
Lisa & Gary Mohr
The Videnovic Family
We also have a few special people and groups we would like to recognize…
- Thank you to Holt’s for the amazing breakfast burritos our racers enjoyed at the end of the race.
- Thank you to Tranquil Water Floats for donating 2 free float certificates that we were able to give to two mothers who had children with cancer.
- Congratulations to our top fundraisers – Dylan Provenzano who raised $1,025 and Kaylin Silva who raised $545!!!
- Thank you to our 5K team, including Steve Judge, Andrew Merrick, Maja Graves, and Janet Keogh for planning our event.
- Thank you to our volunteers for coming out at 6am to ensure no detail was missed.
- And a truly special thank you to Anna Polyak who has served as our Race Director for two years. This event would not have been possible without all of the time and energy she invested to lead our team and volunteer to create a wonderful and successful race!!!
Check out the photos! We have posted photos on our Facebook page. Click here to check them out!
We hope to have you all join us next year!!!